SCREEN-L Archives

July 1999, Week 4

From:
Lang Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Jul 1999 20:53:23 -0400
>>Believe it or not, I think this is a reel-change problem.
>
>The way you could probably tell for sure is by looking for the changeover
>cues.  The SMPTE standards dictate that these are positioned at the top of

Are changeover cues still used on many prints in the US?  Since most
commercial theatres use the platter system it would seem unnecessary and I
actually don't remember the last time I noticed them on a studio film.  (&
having been a professional projectionist at a couple of points, these are
things that nab attention whether you want them to or not.)

LT