SCREEN-L Archives

January 2002, Week 2

From:
Lang Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Jan 2002 10:06:13 -0500
>I wonder if anyone could help me out: I'm desperately seeing a video, VCD or
>DVD of Edward Yang (·¨¼w©÷¡^'s film, Terrorizer (®£©Æ¥÷¤l) with English
>subtitles, for teaching purposes.  All I've been able to source after a

I know a professor who ordered a copy from Amazon (US) of all places.  At
the time I checked because it seemed unlikely but there was indeed a
listing for it.  The title may have been Terrorist instead, which of course
is easily confused with the numerous other films of that title (US, Indian,
Korean).  I just looked and if you search at Amazon using "Edward Yang"
this will come up.  The quality isn't too hot (worn print, soft transfer)
and it's full-frame but on the other hand it's English subbed and legit.  I
believe the company is Tai Seng though I've heard dealing with them
directly is a real experience.

Lang

http://www.tcf.ua.edu/ScreenSite