SCREEN-L Archives

June 2002, Week 3

From:
Lang Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Jun 2002 22:50:46 -0400
Can anybody recommend a book on the history of acting?  After reading a
bunch of material on Welles lately I wanted to follow up his references to
older styles and approaches but can't find anything.  All the books in our
library are either how-to, specific topics or acting theory (and not even a
history of acting theories).  Even if this is part of a general history of
theatrical performance that would work but even the closest to that I found
were textbooks that looked pretty tedious.

Thanks, Lang

Violinist Bauer-Lechner on Mahler:
"The first thing he composed on paper at the
age of six was a polka, to which he added a
funeral march as an introduction."

The Funhouse Journal
http://wlt4.home.mindspring.com/blog/journal.htm