SCREEN-L Archives

June 1992

Date:
Tue, 30 Jun 1992 16:52:00 EST
Thanks everyone for the responses so far to my request for movies
with legal themes, characters, etc. I had a few requests for the
titles that I already have, so here goes: these are the movies
that are already in our video collection here at the library:

Absence of Malice; The Accused; Adam's Rib; Advise & Consent;
Agnes of God; All of Me; All the President's Men; Anatomy of a
Murder; The Andersonville Trial; The Big Easy; Billy Budd;
Body Heat; The Boston Strangler; Breaker Morant; The Burning
Bed; The Caine Mutiny; A Case of Libel; Chattahoochee; Class
Action; Clockwork Orange; Conspiracy: the Trial of the Chicago
8; The Court-Martial of Billy Mitchell; Criminal Law; A Cry
in the Dark; The Devil and Daniel Webster; A Dry White Season;
Eight Men Out; Fatal Vision; A Fish Called Wanda; The Fortune
Cookie; From the Hip; Gideon's Trumpet; Harlan County USA;
Helter Skelter; How to Murder Your Wife; In the Heat of the
Night; Inherit the Wind; An Innocent Man; Jagged Edge; Joan
of Arc; Johnny Belinda; Judge Horton and the Scottsboro
Boys; Judgment at Nuremberg; Kramer vs. Kramer; The Lady
From Shanghai; The Last Innocent Man; Legal Eagles; Les
Miserables (the Charles Laughton version); Libeled Lady;
The Life and Times of Judge Roy Bean; The Lindbergh
Kidnapping Case; Love Among the Ruins; M; A Man For All
Seasons; The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance; Matewan;
The Milagro Beanfield War; Miracle on 34th Street; Mr.
Smith Goes to Washington; Music Box; Norma Rae; Nuts;
The Onion Field; The Ox-Bow Incident; The Paper Chase;
The Passage to India; Paths of Glory; Penalty Phase;
The People vs. Jean Harris; Peyton Place; A Place in
the Sun; Presumed Innocent; Pudd'nhead Wilson; QB VII;
Ragtime; Raising Arizona; Rashomon; Rebecca; The Return
of Martin Guerre; Reversal of Fortune; Roe v. Wade;
Salt of the Earth; Seems Like Old Times; Separate But
Equal; A Soldier's Story; Star Chamber; Suspect; A
Tale of Two Cities; 10 Rillington Place; The Thin Blue
Line; To Kill a Mockingbird; True Believer; True Grit;
12 Angry Men; The Untouchables; The Verdict; The War
of the Roses; Whose Life Is It, Anyway?; The Winslow
Boy; The Wrong Man.

Whew! There's the list. There are some notable omissions,
mostly Witness For the Prosecution (the Laughton/
Dietrich version) which has only recently been reissued
on video, and Compulsion, which is a truly terrific
movie (Orson Welles as Clarence Darrow!) but isn't on
video yet. And I'm still trying to figure out how I
can claim a legal theme to The Wizard of Oz to get it
in this collection...

Thanks again for the suggestions - and I welcome any
more comments anyone has. Chips ahoy! -
--Sally Waters (WATERS@STETSON), Stetson Law
Library