SCREEN-L Archives

November 1994

From:
frank burke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Nov 1994 18:39:33 EST
I'm happy to kick this Dopson or whatever hisname is off thelist--though I ima-
gine he does what he does partly to get attention, and kicking him off probably
feeds into his sickness. On the other hand, since we presumeably know who he is
 and where he is, why don't fifty or sixty people write the appropriate people
at his institution and let them know what he has been up to. (Where is student.
msu.edu? Michigan State, Montana State, Mississippi State?)
These "appropriate people" might agree with him personally, but I don't think
many public academic institutions want to be represented the way he's repre-
 stenting them, particularly globally. And is his behaviour sufficient to get
him kicked off e-mail at his instutiton? Maybe I'm just too moralistic, but I
am sick and tired of this kind of crap--and of people not being held accoun-
table for it.

Frank Burke  [log in to unmask]
Dept. of Film Studies
Queen's University