SCREEN-L Archives

March 1995, Week 2

Sender:
Date:
Wed, 8 Mar 1995 19:59:19 CST

Some-one asked:

LIVE Entertainment last week (beginning of March) unveiled a nine-picture
 production slate -
it's first - and committed itself to spending $100 a year on film production.

It's first film is likely to be a science-fiction action thriller called
 Shockwave, which will
mark the directorial debut of David Twohy - writer of The Fugitive and Kevin's
 Gate...sorry...I
mean Waterworld (I know the joke's not new, but I like it).  Shockwave is about
 an astronomer
who discovers that there is extra-terrestrial life secretly invading earth.

I have been telling people that for years, but they just won't listen :-)

The film will go into production in April.

LIVE will also, this summer, begin production  on two other features:  I,
 Assassin, which will
be executive produced by Mace Neufeld and Robert Rheme (No Way Out), and The
 Substitute, which
will be directed by Robert Mandel.

The company says the films will each cost between $6 million and $15 million, so
 that narrows
it down a bit.

Not yet ready for the cameras are Head Over Heels, a film that will be
 executive-produced by
Demi Moore, by way of her Moving Pictures production company, and directed by
 Jonathan Kahn;
Trees Lounge, which will mark the directorial debut of Steve Buscemi (Reservoir
 Dogs, Barton
Fink, Cold Dog Soup);  Zone Runner, a science fiction actioner written and
 directed by and
starring Mario Van Peebles; Behind Every Good Man to be directed by Lesli
 Glatter; Children of
the Moon (another science fiction thriller); and a war film called DMZ:Dead
 Man's Zone.

Each of the features will be financed via a $30 million line of credit
 established with the
Foothill Capital Corp last November.  The company's own foreign sales
 subsidiary, LIVE
International, will sell overseas rights.

I hope this helps

Nick Hobdell