SCREEN-L Archives

May 2013, Week 1

Date:
Wed, 1 May 2013 11:38:04 +0100
Sender:
From:
Apologies for cross-posting

Dear Colleague

I am looking for contributors to a volume I am co-editing (to be submitted to Routledge) on bicultural writers and filmmakers, by which is meant (for filmmakers) those who make films in a language other than their native/maternal language. The section of the volume I am looking after contains chapters by me (on three Maghrebi films: Samia, Comme un aimant, Bye-Bye), Will Higbee (on Ten’ja, Legzouli, 2004), Carrie Tarr (on Bouchareb's London River) and James Williams (on Kechiche). The contribution should be approximately 6000 words long. It would have to address the concerns of the volume re biculturalism in one way or another (language, space etc). And finally, it would have to be submitted by the end of May 2013, so I am presuming that contributions would come from colleagues who have been working on this topic already and have something they wish to publish. If you are interested, please contact me directly.

Phil Powrie
Professor of Cinema Studies
Dean of the Faculty of Arts and Human Sciences
The Elizabeth Fry Building
University of Surrey
GU2 7XH

Faculty Administrative Officer and PA to the Dean: Linda Ellis < [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> >/+44 (0)1483689445
Webpage: http://www.surrey.ac.uk/fahs/people/phil_powrie/index.htm
Studies in French Cinema: http://surrey.ac.uk/fahs/research/sfc

https://listserv.ua.edu/archives/screen-l.html