SCREEN-L Archives

February 1999, Week 2

Sender:
From:
Sydney Film Festival <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Feb 1999 15:39:32 +1100
I'm planning a John Cassavetes retrospective, but I'm having problems
finding good quality prints of his work.  I'm based in Australia - there
are no prints here.  The major US distributors do not have good quality
prints, or if they do, it's the only copy and they are understandably
reluctant to send them out of the country.  The main archives have the same
problem.  However, Columbia and MGM have been helpful - for Gloria,
Husbands, Love Streams and A Child is Waiting respectively. The prints I'm
still seeking are:  THE KILLING OF A CHINESE BOOKIE, MARVIN AND TIGHE (as
an actor), OPENING NIGHT, TOO LATE BLUES and MINNIE AND MOSKOWITZ.

I'm also looking for good quality 35mm prints of two James Whales films:
FRANKENSTEIN and THE OLD DARK HOUSE, for a small Whales/horror retro.

University of Alabama.