SCREEN-L Archives

August 2010, Week 2

From:
"Larsson, Donald F" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Aug 2010 13:33:35 +0000
It's post-RYAN, but check the dvd for CHILDREN OF MEN, where there is a discussion about how the blood on the lens scene was manipulated by the technicians.  Also see this list:

http://www.cinemagora.co.uk/tag-26555-blood-on-camera-lens.html

Note such usual suspects as Tarantino, Leone, and various horror films.  I'm not sure if the tide of blood from the elevator in THE SHINING should count.

There are probably many other films that feature water on the lens in lake/ocean scenes.  I believe that happens in JAWS, among many others.

Don Larsson

"I mean, everybody deserves the benefit of the doubt."
--Harvey Pekar

Donald F. Larsson, Professor
English Department, Minnesota State University, Mankato