SCREEN-L Archives

May 1996, Week 1

From:
Donald Larsson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 May 1996 11:50:15 -0600
Emily Zants comments:
"The only way I know to have a successful "salon" is to make sure everyone
who joins is willing to organize one evening in turn of the salons and
you all share the cost of the evening, whether by bringing food or paying
for a speaker or film, as necessary.  You don't get freeloaders who want
to dictate to everyone else and never do any work themselves.  Good luck."

Another option that I'm surprised hasn't surfaced yet is simply to have an
on-line salon!  One can have a discussion group by invitation only (I belong
to one such group) that avoids some of the potential problems that Emily
cites.  It sure cuts down on the costs of refreshements!

But, of course, it does suppose that all your group members are on-line.

Don Larsson, Mankato State U (MN)