SCREEN-L Archives

September 1994

From:
TIMOTHY W SAFFELL <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Sep 1994 10:39:10 GMT
Dear Movie Fans:

My wife and  I live in Prince Georges County, Maryland just outside of
the Washington, D.C. beltway.  We  host screening parties about  twice
per month.

We have a home theater with 100" screen and Dolby surround sound.

Once per month we have  a pot-luck marathon. Everyone brings food  and
we  eat and watch movies for most of  the day, sometimes until late in
the evening.  We  have several movies on  a particular theme.   For  a
second get-together we have one single movie and don't bother to bring
food.

This month we are presenting horror (or horror-related) movies.

If anyone is interested in coming, please email me  or call me  on the
telephone for directions.

O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O

10/1/94 7:00 pm  (KISS Movie Night) Haunted Summer

O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O

This  is  a Keep-It-Simple-Screening (KISS).  Don't  bother  to  bring
food.  Keep it simple, remember?

It  was  the summer of  1816,  a  year before Mary Shelley would write
her  novel, Frankenstein.  That summer,  one  of  love,  lust,  drugs,
alcohol and depravity which Percy Shelley and  Lord  Byron spent  with
their  lovers  in   a  magnificent  Swiss  villa   would  provide  the
inspiration.

Haunted Summer, called  erotic  and beautiful by  some,  stars  Philip
Anglim, Laura Dern, Alice Krige, Eric Stoltz and Alex Winter.

O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O

10/22/94 12:00 Noon (Pot-luck Party) Horror Movies.

O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O

Please notice that this party will begin at 12:00 NOON. Bring  a  dish
to  share  with  others.   Drinks,  plates,  utensils,  etc.  will  be
supplied.  The party's over when it's over.  Stay as long as you can.

We will be having a special speaker, our  own  instructor of Film  and
Literature, Donna Harrington (Kenny), who will be giving us  a talk on
the horror movie genre.

We will be screening:

  The Cabinet of Dr. Calligari (1919)
  Frankenstein (1931, Boris Karloff)
  Alien (1979, Sigourney Weaver)
  Ghost Story (1981, Fred Astaire)
  Hocus Pocus (1993, Bette Midler)

We also have these screening parties on the schedule:

10/29/94 2:00 pm (Pot-luck Party) Northern Exposure (TV series).
11/5/94  7:00 pm (KISS Movie Night) TBA.
11/19/94 2:00 pm (Pot-luck Party) Bette Midler:  Beaches, For the Boys
12/3/94  7:00 pm (KISS Movie Night) TBA.
12/17/94 2:00 pm (Pot-luck Party) Peter Pan (1960, Mary Martin), Hook

We're hoping to see you.

Tim

[log in to unmask]                   (202) 707-9636   (please leave
4203 Enterprise Rd., Bowie, Md.  20720   (301) 262-5160     a message)