SCREEN-L Archives

April 1994

Sender:
From:
"Brandy K. Lorenz" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Apr 1994 15:21:32 -0400
        I'm researching the Beauty and the Beast theme in film.  As a
comparison, I am looking at the representation of this classic tale in
other movies, under perhaps a different title.
        I have already thought of King Kong and The Elephant Man.  I
have also considered Phantom of the Opera as a possible translation
of the theme.
        If anyone can come up with additional movies that seem
reminiscent of this tale, it would be most helpful.
        I would also be interested to know of any other versions under
the Beauty and the Beast title.  I am aware of the Jean Cocteau version
and of course, the Disney cartoon.  I have also seen the television
show.

Brandy Lorenz
Albion College