SCREEN-L Archives

March 2007, Week 2

From:
laura vazquez <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Mar 2007 15:24:45 -0500
Call for papers: Deadline: April 30, 2007
2007 Midwest Popular culture Conference
Midwest Popular Culture Association/ Midwest American Culture
Association
Kansas City, October 12-14, 2007

Pornography and Popular Culture

There is still a good deal of discussion as to what pornography it
seems to be easily available.  It is present on the internet and late
night TV along with its previously existing popular venue--adult
video rentals.  The term pornography has been variously applied to a
wide array of contemporary media that appears overly indulgent in
terms of its ability to elicit an emotional or physical response from
viewers.  Despite its prevalence on the American landscape, we still
struggle to define the term often referring merely to our ability to
know pornography when we see it.

Contributors to this panel are invited to explore the many facets of
pornography and the ways in which it is created, viewed and used
within popular cultural venues whether it is disseminated via print,
film video or on the internet.  Papers addressing the economic and
industrial components of this topic are encouraged.

Details can be found at <http://www.mpcaaca.org>

Send all inquires and proposals to:

Dr. Laura Vazquez
Northern Illinois University