SCREEN-L Archives

September 1999, Week 4

From:
Ken Mogg <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 26 Sep 1999 08:17:07 +1000
Ulf Dalquist wrote, in part, on this topic:

>      Of course, there are the "official" remakes: Mad Love, The
>      Hands of Orlac
>      (starring Christopher Lee), Hands of a Stranger (1962).
>      Then there is Body Parts (1991, Jeff Fahey) and Blink
>      (Madeline Stowe).

BODY PARTS is from a novel by Pierre Boileau and Thomas Narcejac, who
also wrote the novels on which VERTIGO, THE FIENDS, etc., were based.
It thus fits with these authors' recurrent theme of a return from the
dead, which is itself a variant on the perennial ghost-story idea,
concerning things and forces we know not fully of ...

- Ken Mogg (Ed., 'The MacGuffin').
http://www.labyrinth.net.au/~muffin

http://www.tcf.ua.edu/ScreenSite