SCREEN-L Archives

October 1992

Sender:
Date:
Thu, 8 Oct 1992 00:28:49 -0500
I was wondering if anyone had heard about the BBC/ABC (Aust)
series/documentary called SYLVANIA WATERS?  It is an "in-depth look into the
lives of an Australian family as filmed over six months" and ends up
somewhere between a soap opera and documentary.  It has been quite
controversial here, and apparently the Executive Producer has been
responsible for similar productions in both the UK and USA.  I saw some of
the series here and found it morbidly fascinating, although I think there
are some questions regarding the makers' treatment of their subjects which
should be addressed.

If anyone can recommend anything in a similar genre I would most interested
to know about it.