SCREEN-L Archives

April 1996, Week 1

From:
Tony Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Apr 1996 18:09:29 CST
 The most obvious place to research in the U.K. is the BFI Library at 12
Stephen Street, London re. the leading films on your list. As for SAPPHIRE,
I think an article appeared on the film in SCREEN about a decade ago. The
author may have been Carrie Tarr but I'm not certain.
 Anecdotal point."SAPPHIRE"only appears in a brief pre-credit sequence played
by glamor queen Yvonne Buckingham, a white actress. She would have her brief
Warhol 15 minutes of fame by starring in THE NAKED TALES OF CHRISTINE
KEELER, a production shot in Denmark almost immediately after the actual
crisis and dating SCANDAL BY many, many years.
   Good hunting!
     Tony Williams