SCREEN-L Archives

March 1994

From:
Cam Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Mar 1994 08:50:08 CST
I was asked to post this again, so sorry for those who saw this before.
Also, I'm a graduate student at Southern Illinois Univ., so if you have
any questions about this position, feel free to e-mail me and I'll do
what I can to answer them.

POSITION AVAILABLE:  Assistant Professor, Cinema Studies.  Tenure track.

DATE OF APPOINTMENT:  August 15, 1994

QUALIFICATIONS:  PhD. in Cinema Studies or in related field with record of
achievement in teaching, research/creative work, and professional service.
Candidates who combine interests in contemporary film/video theory,
criticism, and practice are preferred.

RESPONSIBILITIES:  Teaching on both undergraduate and graduate levels, with
emphasis on history, authors, styles, genres, and advanced theory.  Research
and publication in film history/theory/criticism.  Active involvement in
professional associations and service on department, college, and university
committees.

APPLICATION DEADLINE:  May 15,1994, or until filled.

TO APPLY:  Submit a letter of application, full curriculum vitae, and three
letters of recommendation to:
                 Gary Kolb, Chairperson
                 Dept. of Cinema and Photography
                 Southern Illinois University