SCREEN-L Archives

August 1999, Week 3

From:
Melis Behlil <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Aug 1999 12:50:10 +0300
Hello;

I put a search on Amazon for Peter Cowie's book, "Dutch Cinema: An
Illustrated History" and they came up with a hardcover (the only version
available, I presume) that is going to cost me about $30.  What I want to
know is if there's anyone out there who is familiar with this book and can
tell me whether it's worth the money (poor grad student speaking).  I'm
trying to do research on Paul Verhoeven, and one of my sources shows that
Cowie's book does have a bit on Verhoeven as well.  But it's the
"Illustrated" part that worries me, I'd like to know beforehand if I'm
forking out $30 to see a couple of pictures of "Turkish Delight" or
something.

Thanks!
Melis Behlil.