SCREEN-L Archives

February 1999, Week 4

Date:
Tue, 23 Feb 1999 14:10:10 -0500
I don't believe _Picture Bride_ was eligible.  This was an American-made
film with a Japanese cast mostly in Japanese but set in and made in Hawaii
with American rescources, and a crew comprised of both Japanese and
Americans.  It is also notable because it was Toshiro Mifune's last film,
fifth billed when he appeared on-screen for all of a minute, but I'm sure
his name encouraged people to wath it.  It did for me.

Scott

Scott Andrew Hutchins
http://php.iupui.edu/~sahutchi
Oz, Monsters, Kamillions, and More!

"Colorless green ideas sleep furiously."--Noam Chomsky