SCREEN-L Archives

November 2004, Week 4

Date:
Fri, 26 Nov 2004 01:14:36 +1100
SCREEN-L readers may like to note that my 'Report' on Patrick
McGilligan's 'Alfred Hitchcock: A Life in Darkness and Light' has been
posted on the Web:

http://www.labyrinth.net.au/~muffin/mcgilligan1_c.html

http://www.labyrinth.net.au/~muffin/mcgilligan2_c.html

Also, my 'column' called "Editor's Day" has returned for a few weeks on
the News & Comment (Home) page of the Hitchcock Scholars/'MacGuffin' site:

http://www.labyrinth.net.au/~muffin/news-home_c.html

If I can obtain quality work, the same site will next year include
selected academic writing on Hitchcock.  However, because McGilligan (p.
749) calls most academic analysis of texts 'lunacy', I will not permit
stylistic indulgence, or a low ratio of hard content to properly
supported opinion, or the slightest lack of clarity.  Active verbs will
be especially encouraged.  Any takers?!  (Material is already promised
by  Professor Richard Allen and others.)

- Ken Mogg (Ed., 'The MacGuffin')