SCREEN-L Archives

September 1994

From:
Donald Larsson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Sep 1994 09:09:47 -0600
James confesses:
":-) Funny you should mention KNIGHT MOVES. I thought of it when I saw
BOBBY FISCHER, and have to (embarrassingly) admit I worked on it. Not
the most enlightening of shoots! So I work on the dreck, and others
get the good stuff... What am I doing wrong? :-)"

Answer: keep it up.  Count how many people started out in dreck and went
on to other things (just don't count the ones who didn't go on to other
things).  And remember--Roger Corman raised a whole generation of directors
actors and others starting out in dreck (now defined as "classic"--which
I doubt KNIGHT MOVES  will be ;-().

If you really want to follow up on the NIGHTLINE: SCHINDLER'S LIST episodes,
you can probably order a transcript or video from the sources they always
list at the end of the show.

Just curious--how did you contribute to KNIGHT MOVES?

--Don Larsson, Mankato State U., MN