SCREEN-L Archives

March 2012, Week 1

From:
Darcey West Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Mar 2012 17:53:13 +0000
This week’s In Media Res theme focus is The Walking Dead (March 5-9).

Here's the line-up:
http://mediacommons.futureofthebook.org/imr/

Monday, March 5, 2012 - Paul Boshears (European Graduate School) presents: "The Walking Dead" as Mass Shock Therapy

Tuesday, March 6, 2012 - Justin Rawlins (Indiana University) presents: What kind of "South" rises from the (walking) dead?

Wednesday, March 7, 2012 - Adryan Glasgow (Purdue University) presents: AMC’s (Tunnel) Vision of Gender Post Civilization

Thursday, March 8, 2012 - Rossend Sanchez Baro (Pompeu Fabra University) presents: Zombies and suspense

Friday, March 9, 2012 - Tavia Nyong’o (New York University) presents: "The Walking Dead" and the Uncanny Returns of Race

Theme week organized by Brandon Amato (Georgia State University).

To receive links for each day’s posts and stay up to date on our latest calls for curators, please be sure “like” our newly launched Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/mediacommons.inmediares

You can also follow us on Twitter at @MC_IMR

For more information, please contact In Media Res at [log in to unmask] or email the Coordinating Editor, Alisa Perren, at [log in to unmask]

Best,
The In Media Res Team