SCREEN-L Archives

September 1994

From:
Dave Spiceland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Sep 1994 17:00:19 -0400
     What we now know as audio tape recording developed shortly after
World War II. That processmade physical editing of audio much easier.
     I've always been curious how audio editing was done before tape
recording (I assume wire recording was ineffective). Audio editing was
especially critical for animation where the audio (dialogue and music)
was usually completed before the video.
     I'd be interested in hearing from anyone who's familiar with
specific audio equipment and/or situations for film or animation.

Dave Spiceland
Appalachian State University
Boone, North Carolina  28608