SCREEN-L Archives

December 2003, Week 1

From:
Ron Leming <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Dec 2003 11:26:36 -0600
Does anyone have any info on a production company called Motion Pictures
for TV? All I know about them is that they seem to have been a division
of Monogram Pictures, and they produced the Boris Karloff series of Mr
Wong movies. Were these actually produced for TV? Since these movies
were made in the 30s, I'm not sure where the whole TV thing came in.
Several of the movies, though, do look as if they were made using
television production techniques. Either that or some of them were very
low budget Bs.
--
This time of year, the frost on the ground and the chill in the air fill
me with energy and goodwill. They also fill me with thankfulness that I

http://www.bonestructure.net