SCREEN-L Archives

July 1999, Week 1

From:
Kristine Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Jul 1999 12:48:28 -0500
I'm compiling a list of films from the 1930s and 1940s in which a radio or
radios make an appearance -- such as the radio broadcast of the aviator's
landing at the beginning of Renoir's RULES OF THE GAME.  As this list is
for a project on use of radio in the first decade or so of sound film in
France, I'm primarily interested in French films of course, but any and all
suggestions from other national cinemas will certainly be welcome, at least
for comparative purposes.

Thanks in advance,

Kris Butler

Kristine J. Butler, Ph.D.