SCREEN-L Archives

February 1999, Week 3

From:
Melis Behlil <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Melis Behlil <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Feb 1999 00:25:13 +0200
Well it doesn't make much sense to me either, but it's not an unprecedented
event.  Costa-Gavras' "Z" was nominated for both awards in 1970 and received
the Foreign-Language Oscar.  As well as the Golden Globe for the same
category, the Jury Prize at Cannes, and a few other things.  But I certainly
don't get the logic behind nominating a movie for best picture in two
categories...

Melis Behlil.