SCREEN-L Archives

July 1994

From:
Andrew Gordon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Jul 1994 01:22:03 EDT
According to J. Metz, True Lies is a better and more "comprehensive"
movie than Speed (whatever comprehensive means).  For me, True Lies
falls apart because of the disparity between its "family values"
and its glorification of violence.  I've mentioned this before,
but the scene in which Schwarzenegger and Curtis embrace as an
atomic bomb explodes in the background is paradigmatic of what
bothered me about the film.  Andrew Gordon