SCREEN-L Archives

April 1994

Sender:
From:
"Steven M. Blacher" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Apr 1994 14:22:54 -0700
>On Tue, 26 Apr 1994 18:23:27 CDT Neal said:
>>Does anyone know where on the Internet I can get the most recent nielson
>>rating
>>s?  Thanks,  Neal
>
>Nielsen ratings and Billboard charts can be glommed on to using FINGER:
>
>finger [log in to unmask]              for Billboard
>finger [log in to unmask]   for Nielsen's

Another option, if your system subscribes to Clari and its AP feed, is the
newsgroup "clari.biz.industry.broadcasting". Nielsen ratings for the
networks for the previous week are posted late in the day on Tuesday
(rating, share, and households for the top 20 shows; just ratings for the
others, which matches what you will find on finger). Ratings for the top 15
cable programs for the week are posted a couple of days later.

--
Steven M. Blacher
Wellfleet Productions