SCREEN-L Archives

September 1998, Week 5

From:
gloria monti <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Sep 1998 09:37:10 -0400
        from one of my students that i don't have an answer for.  He's not
subscribed to Screen-L, so could you please e-mail him directly?  Thank you.

        Gloria Monti

>Date: Fri, 18 Sep 1998 11:54:31 -0400 (EDT)
>From: Joseph Hartley <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: A question from Josh Hartley
>
>Dear Gloria,
>
>I am a grad student in graphic design and am taking your Intro to Film
>Studies class. I am very interested in finding out information about the
>film titles, particularly older film title from 40s and 50s. Are there any
>books or other sources that you would suggest that I look at to find
>information on film titles.
>
>This is a bit more obscure, but I am interested in looking at examples in
>films of the text that reads "The End". I am interested in using
>them  as sources for designs. I have already begun to look
>randomly through videos in the film study center, but I thought
>perhaps you would have some suggesions of films that I should look at.
>
>Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Sorry for the random
>nature of these questions.
>

>Sincerely,
>

>Josh

______________________________

gloria monti
director of undergraduate studies
film studies program, yale university
53 wall st., #116, new haven, CT 06510
voice mail: 203-432-0152
fax: 203-776-1928
e-mail: [log in to unmask]
http://pantheon.cis.yale.edu/~godard/index.html

"Ou est donc la verite?  De face ou de profil?"
               Jean-Luc Godard