SCREEN-L Archives

November 1994, Week 4

Sender:
Date:
Tue, 22 Nov 1994 12:32:19 CST
I agree with Erol's comments RE:  the lovely lack of violence in
_Priscilla_.  Also, I'm not sure there need be "easy answers" at all.  In
fact, that's part of the realism aspect of the film:  there, of course,
aren't any (most of the time, anyway).

I loved the film for its realism; it speaks to the commonality of all of us,
of all people, for we come upon so many of the same problems and challenges
(relationship stuff, kids/being a role model, parenthood, aging, fitting in
with the crowd, etc.), be we drag queens or "average" heteros.

Pure fun with a twist, especially for those of us hungry for the land down
under.

Donna Harrington Kenny
Univ. of MD