SCREEN-L Archives

May 2002, Week 1

From:
Dan Streible <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 May 2002 08:33:55 -0400
(1) Journals

THE  MOVING IMAGE is in its second year of production by U of Minnesota
Press.  Its early issues have been well edited and quite hefty in
volume.  It is the Journal of the Association of Moving Image Archivists
(AMIA).

(2)
Which segues to Dana Polan's questions about finding information about

Harvard 1920s . . .    the University Film Foundation -- an educational
film production and distribution service.

Posting your query to the AMIA-L might yield some good results.
(Subscribe to [log in to unmask];  mail to [log in to unmask])

I'm guessing that someone like Rick Prelinger ([log in to unmask];
prelinger.com) or Geoff Alexander, found of the Academic Film Archive of
North America (afana.org) ([log in to unmask]) would have some answers for
you, if not Bruce Jenkins at the Harvard Film Archive.

Both Alexander and Prelinger are part of a double session on the history
of educational and academic films I have organized for the November 2002
AMIA Conference -- which is in Boston.

Dan Streible
University of South Carolina