SCREEN-L Archives

March 1995, Week 3

Date:
Tue, 14 Mar 1995 12:44:36 CST

I thought the first episode of VR5 was absolutely atrocious.  But
at the same time, I saw a lot of potential positives and I'm
definitely going to keep watching.  Not too many shows are good
right off the bat anyway.  I found the premise of the opening
episode truly lame (I won't spoil it for those who haven't seen it
though) and some of the acting was almost embarassing.  But tha
doesn't include Darryl Hannah - oops, I mean Lori Singer (have you
ever seen such an uncanny resemblance between two people?) who
was very convincing as the loner "looking for love in all the
wrong places."

It's got promise.  It ain't nothin' compared to the X-Files and I'd
be surprised if it ever reached that level but it's possible.

Just hope they come up with some more plausible ideas for future
episodes.  I'm sure they will.

-chris