SCREEN-L Archives

March 2001, Week 2

From:
Joshua Gunn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Mar 2001 15:49:13 -0600
>Remember -- students today grew up on greusome video games and slasher films
>with a sprinkle of humor (e.g.: Scream). Most of them are desensitized and
>spoiled -- they want an experience that is funny, violent and suspenseful.

Again, I am more than a little amazed about the attitude some folk take
toward students!  I find that my students are generally open to learning
about all kinds of film--from "cinema" to the "movies," as long as I seem
passionate about both.  They can read Metz and Mulvey too--just have to
walk them through it.

Josh Gunn
U of MN, TC