SCREEN-L Archives

May 2020, Week 4

From:
Christine Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 May 2020 10:05:17 -0400
EPISODE 54: ALWAYS TIME FOR HUMANE TV
http://www.aca-media.org/episode54

The start of something(s) new! Aca-Media continues remote broadcasting and
introduces two new series for your listening – and streaming? – pleasure.
First is a sneak peek of “Talking Television in a Pandemic,” a new series
launching right here on Aca-Media, where television scholars Hunter
Hargraves, Lynne Joyrich, and Brandy Monk-Payton discuss what it means to
watch TV during the pandemic. Touching on everything from epistemology to
pedagogy, this series will launch right here in your podcast feed, so don’t
miss it! And not to be outdone, Chris begins an exciting new segment of
Aca-Media and starts interviewing this year’s SCMS Award Winners, giving
them a chance to claim the spotlight! This time we talk with Alisa Lebow,
Patrick Brown, and Eliza Steinbock about their innovative and exciting
scholarship and media projects.

"Talking Television in a Pandemic" is a five-episode podcast series
featuring scholars who will explore issues of epistemology, ideology,
phenomenology, technology, and pedagogy in TV and TV Studies: how we are
watching and feeling during these times, how TV is changing technologically
and politically, how we think through TV and how we teach it. Have a
question that you want the podcast to address? Please email us at
[log in to unmask] or use the hashtag #talktvinapandemic on
Twitter. You can also join and submit questions to the Aca-Media group on
Facebook
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001rx1nAy_aZPvCtNOxmwvZkwezBd3fnRVIq6hhWhhqL1fDTfQE46z3WsovCvqU8q8l7hPPOghQJ74sBP6MEwx2KXPTsF0pw9Wa_BGESDM2QoVQZyekIy7PN7Cowua5k3LC9kuSswyNyHp-eF6QhSoQZCvJMT_hRXTyK4yHU3QityKTwLTByKzJ6r1rohy0XBMaLaqCTG5yCiaLoIeZmAravw==&c=YzCR8q0Wp635cGmkqRMqs04QVakmtRM8iw6tYzrm3VeN0p7TF1FODg==&ch=YnVh-GXPDho0p2EsWECsohn5RH6DvoIHoKl6GTyqXtEf5bb3CsPh3A==>
.

New episodes of “Talking Television in a Pandemic" will download
automatically for Aca-Media subscribers and will also be available to
stream at http://www.aca-media.org/pandemic-tv.