SCREEN-L Archives

August 1993

Sender:
Date:
Wed, 4 Aug 1993 23:49:00 PDT
I've been trying to track down some popularity figures (theatrical rentals/
box-office) for a few films from the 1950's.  Though they're "big" enough to
be well known and often written about, for some reason, I can't find them
listed in popularity charts in issues of VARIETY from back then.

If I remember correctly, INVADERS FROM MARS is an example of such a film.

Does anyone know where I can get such popularity figures?

Does anyone know why films might be unlisted (assuming that they were
popular enough to meet whatever threshhold was used at the time)?

Thanks.