SCREEN-L Archives

March 1995, Week 2

Date:
Wed, 8 Mar 1995 19:26:43 CST

Well, I actually once met Jeremy Butler and even (if memory serves) had
lunch with him and several others at a Midwest MLA meeting.

But all this begins to sound like the recent discussion on PYNCHON-L over
whether Thomas Pynchon really exists!

So, Jeremy, does this mean that *you* are Thomas Pynchon?

Actually, with all due respect to Freelancr, I think this may demonstrate
that we are *all* authorial constructs who occupy author-functions on
the net.  Or--if a message is sent on e-mail and no one responds, did a
tree fall in the forest?

--Don Larsson, Mankato State U., MN