SCREEN-L Archives

August 2022, Week 2

From:
Film Officer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Aug 2022 19:33:04 +0000
[https://mcusercontent.com/f647ab2c329e6318edfa7e42e/images/b47e2e65-9a3a-296a-d510-5c99f9bb1af7.jpg]<https://filmfreeway.com/RAIFilmFestival>

Call for films

Film submission deadline: 31 August 2022

We are accepting submissions for feature-length, short, and medium format documentaries and anthropological / ethnographic films for our 2023 hybrid edition. We are open to work released after September 2020.

Hosted by the Royal Anthropological Institute, UK, the biennial RAI FILM FESTIVAL will take place online and in person in March 2023.
Established in 1985, we are a world-leading forum for exploring the multiple relationships between documentary film-making, anthropology, and visual culture. We aim to promote the understanding of cultural diversity and intercultural dialogue through film.
With the support of leading academic partners from major international universities, we offer workshops, masterclasses, a conference, work-in-progress sessions, and retrospectives. We aim to maximize discovery and discussion around films and other multimodal productions from an anthropological, artistic, historical, and educational point of view.
This time our festival will take place both online and offline: films will be available for a month on our streaming platform (3-31 March); we will hold a 5-day online conference to bring filmmakers and academics together (6-10 March); and a 3-day in-person event at the Watershed Cinema in Bristol, UK (23-25 March).
The RAI Film Festival celebrates the best in international documentaries with 8 awards: RAI Film Prize; RAI Short Film Prize; Basil Wright Prize; Wiley Blackwell Student Prize; Audience Prize; Lifetime Achievement Award, President’s Award, Richard Werbner Award for Visual Ethnography and the Ethnomusicology Film Award.

[[log in to unmask]]" target="_blank">https:[log in to unmask]]<https://filmfreeway.com/festivals/15555?utm_campaign=RAI+Film+Festival&utm_medium=External&utm_source=Submission+Button>

[Twitter]<http://www.twitter.com/raifilmfest>

[Facebook]<http://www.facebook.com/raifilmfest>

[Website]<www.raifilm.org.uk>

[Instagram]<https://www.instagram.com/rai_film>

Copyright © 2022, The Royal Anthropological Institute, All rights reserved.

Our mailing address is:
50 Fitzroy Street
London W1T 5BT
United Kingdom<https://maps.google.com/?q=50+Fitzroy+Street+London+W1T+5BT+United+Kingdom>

Disclaimer

Learn to speak like a film/TV professor! Listen to the ScreenLex
podcast:
http://screenlex.org