SCREEN-L Archives

August 1998, Week 3

From:
Ellen Strain <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Aug 1998 13:27:14 -0400
We are looking for film instructors who screen BIRTH OF A NATION
in their film studies classes (or who would consider screening BIRTH
OF A NATION given a strong teaching tool for contextualizing the film)
to evaluate a CD-ROM on Griffith's film and its efficacy within the
classroom.    This evaluation process would not take place until the
fall of 2000; however, we are in the midst of applying for an NEH
grant to fund the completion of the CD-ROM and would like to have
preliminary commitment from evaluators.  We would provide Mac-
based CDs for students and instructors, some form of compensation,
and an introduction to using the CD in class.  This introduction would
take place in Atlanta, with travel expenses covered by the grant.

For a graphic tour of the CD-ROM and further details, consult the
project website:
http://www.lcc.gatech.edu/~strain/GICWEB/index.html

To receive more information or to express interest, please contact
me at [log in to unmask]

Thanks,

Ellen Strain

        Ellen Strain, Assistant Professor
        School of Literature, Communication & Culture
        Georgia Institute of Technology

        email: [log in to unmask]
        phone: (404) 894-8923
        location: Skiles Building 301