SCREEN-L Archives

October 1993

From:
miller franklin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Oct 1993 12:01:30 -0500
Try to scare up (I like that) "Operation Abolition", the
film that HUAC produced and distributed through Congressional offices
to every high school in the country. An easy "your representatives
are on alert" message for elected officials and a hard refusual for any
school district that was looking for federal funding.  It purports to be
an account of the HUAC investigation to red ties within the longshoremen
in SF.  Gus Hall was the principle target.  He later linked up with
Angela Davis in, I believe, a presidential campaign.  Anyway, this film
would stand as primary source to the others that have been suggested,
which are clearly secondary.