SCREEN-L Archives

February 2001, Week 2

Sender:
From:
kristel kristjansdottir <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Feb 2001 13:59:16 -0000
Hello everybody...
I am writing two papers relating to Film Noir.
The first paper is on the adaptation of Cainīs The Postman Always Rings
Twice.  As far as I am aware, two films have been made, but I have only been
able to get hold of the later version with Jack Nicholson and Jessica Lang.
I was not impressed by the film, and thought that the book was better...but
that is hardly an original opinion.
Are there any fundamental concepts that I should bare in mind when writing
my paper?

The second, is a comparative piece: comparing the Noir femme fatale to the
Neo-Noir femme fatale. Any suggestions?

Need help. All input appreciated.

Best Wishes

Kristel