SCREEN-L Archives

June 1994

From:
Jacqueline Reich <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Jun 1994 14:14:17 EDT
        I am currently working on film commodity theory, in particular the
idea of the film viewer as consumer.  One area I am exploring is the
relationship between mirrors (as in the stores) and the screen, and how
does the narcisisstic gaze play a part in both scenarios.  I'm currently
drawing a blank on works in film theory which, not only relying on Lacan,
elaborate on this parallel.  Any suggestions?

        Thanks in advance, Jackie.

Jacqueline Reich
Department of Modern Languages
Trinity College