SCREEN-L Archives

November 1991

From:
Cal Pryluck <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Nov 1991 20:30:38 EST
On not being able to improve on the original score for CAPE FEAR.  Is it
impertinent to wonder whether one can "improve" on favorite films?  I almost
said "classics" but one person's classic may be another person's poison.  Do
you suppose we can look forward to a new improved version of CITIZEN KANE or
CASABLANCA.  After all, they were both in grungy black-and-white.  And we
know so much more about movies after fifty years.

Cal Pryluck
Dept of Radio-Television-Film
Temple University
<PRYLUCK@TEMPLEVM>