SCREEN-L Archives

September 2021, Week 2

From:
TWN Distribution <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Sep 2021 14:05:09 -0400
COVER/AGE New Short Film on Immigration, Healthcare, and Social Justice

Available from Third World Newsreel

COVER/AGE examines the lack of healthcare access for undocumented
immigrants in California, and how two undocumented individuals are
advocating to fight this exclusion.

Film Page:
https://twn.org/catalog/pages/responsive/cpage.aspx?rec=1538&card=price

Rental Request Form: https://goo.gl/forms/QOtoJrxSrNU6ImS42

WATCH CLIP: https://vimeo.com/380592586

As Emma and Héctor navigate the complex health policy system, critical gaps
in a health system that excludes undocumented migrants reveal the profound
and harmful impact on the community. At the same time, steadfast organizing
by community leaders and advocates underscores the resilience of immigrants
in the face of these challenges. As the conversation around universal
healthcare continues to gain momentum on the national stage, this film
highlights the urgency of expanding healthcare access to undocumented
people by centering the unwavering voices of immigrant health justice
leaders.

Educators, librarians, and community groups may purchase, license or rent
the film for educational use or public screenings. To facilitate public
screenings, a free community screening and discussion toolkit is available
here: twn.org/catalog/guides/cover-age-toolkit.pdf

SELECTED PAST SCREENINGS

• Queer Film Festival, Eugene

• California Initiative for Health Equity & Action, UC Berkeley San Diego
Immigrant Rights Consortium

• Immigrant Day of Action Community Virtual Screening

• Philadelphia Latino Film Festival

• Chicano Latino Youth Leadership Project

• Blackstar Film Festival

• CAAMFest Forward

• An Undocumented Lens Film Series

Sincerely,
Roselly
Third World Newsreel
1 (917) 615-2244 (cellphone)
Pronouns: she/her/hers
Pronombre: ella

We are working remotely and we hope that everyone is staying safe. We are
responding to emails and voicemails and can handle educational and
exhibition orders and needs. Our media workshops and evening seminars
continue, but virtually.

----
Screen-L is sponsored by the College of Communication and Information Sciences,
the University of Alabama: https://cis.ua.edu