SCREEN-L Archives

December 1994, Week 1

From:
MISSY PRICE <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Dec 1994 11:20:59 -0600
>I guess I just don't understand people's desire to see the killed msgs; it
>seems motivated by a mistaken notion that there are conspiracies lurking in
>the interstices of the net.

In my case it really doesn't have anything to do with a fear of
conspiracies, but, rather an interest in statistical data concerning
such things as frequencies of 'sign-off' messages and increasing use
of the internet by people *not* connected with colleges and
universities.

I am also collecting data concerning frequency of flame responses and
to whom those responses were directed.

So, as you can see, there *can* be a scholarly use made of killed messages.

Melissa Lee Price (Dr. Missy)| [log in to unmask] | 318.357-4402
Northwestern State University of Louisiana, Dept. of Jour/Telecom