SCREEN-L Archives

July 1997, Week 4

From:
Alan Bell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Jul 1997 14:45:25 -0700
Mike Frank <[log in to unmask]> writes:

>now, as is all too well known, everything that's happened in criticism since
>may of 1968 has aimed at destroying not only all foundations but the very
>notion of a foundation as the authoritative source of anything

Pardon me, but I may have come in late. Pray tell, what exactly happened in
May of 1968 that has to do with with criticism? Lots of things happened in
'68, most of them unpleasant. To what is Mr Frank referring to? Bobby
Kennedy's assassination? (Wasn't that in June?) The French student
revolution? What?