SCREEN-L Archives

May 1998, Week 2

From:
Murray Pomerance <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 May 1998 23:07:41 -0400
I have not read carefully any of the posts on disabilities, being
preoccupied these days with much other business, but I did catch one
tonight and it causes me to wonder if there's been any discussion here
about the interesting play of disability in the STAR WARS trilogy.  After
STAR WARS (the first), Mark Hamill was seriously disfigured in a driving
accident (around the time he shot CORVETTE SUMMER).  The surgical
reconstruction was good, but not flawless, and you can see it "handled"
in the script of the succeeding SW films, I think, in terms of the arm
disability and other little quirks of writing and staging.

http://www.tcf.ua.edu/screensite