SCREEN-L Archives

July 2000, Week 3

From:
Robert Hunt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Jul 2000 16:13:15 EDT
I found the filmography interesting, but there is an omission I'd like to
rectify. It is a film that I have long considered the most obscure ever made,
since it is omitted from Maltin, the IMDB, "Screen World" Variety and every
other reference source. I can confirm that it exists, becuase I saw it
myself. Researchers with more time on their hands can find ads and reviews
from its run in St. Louis  somewhere around '72.
The film was called "Another Fine Mess" and was produced by Tom Smothers. I
believe that the director was Bob Einstein, better known these days as
creator of "Super Dave"...One of the handful of anti-Nixon comedies of the
early 70s, it starred comedian/impressionist Rich Little as Nixon..The
gimmick is that Nixon and Agnew speak and behave in the familiar styles of
Laurel and Hardy. Beyond that, I recall almost nothing about the film.....
Robert Hunt

http://www.tcf.ua.edu/ScreenSite