SCREEN-L Archives

May 2020, Week 5

From:
Richard Butsch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 May 2020 08:22:48 -0400
To start with the obvious, she might check trade mags Variety (which used
to have lots of data until about 20 years ago) and Billboard (they are
recordings), or the US Statistical Abstracts (which has some real
surprises).
Maybe try archives for Dept of Commerce.

If no luck finding compiled data, try  newspaper archives for ads.  These
will be local prices and not averages even locally.

--
Richard Butsch

Current book projects:
*The Importance of the Social.*
*Homo Faber: Visual Representations of Manual Labor and Laborers in
Twentieth-Century America.*

*Screen Culture: A Global History *(Polity)
http://politybooks.com/bookdetail/?isbn=9780745653242
<http://politybooks.com/bookdetail/?isbn=9780745653242http://politybooks.com/bookdetail/?isbn=9780745653242>
;
*The Citizen Audience *(Routledge)
https://www.routledge.com/The-Citizen-Audience-Crowds-Publics-and-Individuals/Butsch/p/book/9780415977906*;
*and
*The Making of American Audiences *(Cambridge)
https://www.cambridge.org/gb/academic/subjects/arts-theatre-culture/media-mass-communication/making-american-audiences-stage-television-17501990?format=PB

Co-editor, with Sonia Livingstone
*Meanings of Audiences* (Routledge)
https://www.routledge.com/Meanings-of-Audiences-Comparative-Discourses/Butsch-Livingstone/p/book/9780415837309

Editor:
*Media and Public Spheres* (Palgrave),
https://www.palgrave.com/us/book/9780230007215
*For Fun and Profit: The Transformation of Leisure into Consumption*
(Temple)
http://tupress.temple.edu/book/3189

Professor Emeritus of Sociology, American Studies, and Film & Media Studies
Rider University, Lawrenceville NJ 08550, USA

http://www.ScreenSite.org