SCREEN-L Archives

December 1998, Week 2

From:
"Julia C. Rice" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Dec 1998 22:50:29 +0000
Hi list,

didn't know who else to ask so here goes. ;-))

I once heard that Chinese passports identify nine different genders in
people. Does anyone out there have any knowledge about the accuracy of this
information and if so what these nine genders are identified as being?

I think it was described as being something like this:

Masculine male.
Feminine Male.
Feminine Female.
Masculine Female etc.

I know it's a strange request however I'm teaching a lesson on Gender and
film and would love to include this information in the presentation however
I'm not sure as to its accuracy.

sorry for any cross-posting

Julia C. Rice
U.W.C.N.