SCREEN-L Archives

August 2019, Week 1

From:
Dr Samita Nandy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Aug 2019 07:30:45 -0400
*Cross-posted: CMCS 71st newsletter
<https://mailchi.mp/0c8d839e535c/cmcs-71st-ed>edition*

We are excited to announce that NYU and Columbia University-based
faculty *Jacqueline
Strayer* will offer an exclusive interactive session called *“Maximizing
Your Personal Brand”* at the 8th CMCS conference (Intellect Books) in New
York (August 29-September 1) – not to be missed.

The session will be followed by our *Bridging Gaps* media panel “Scholars
as Critics” with *Andrew Zolides*, *Basuli Deb*, *Alex Symons*, and *Jacque
Lynn Foltyn on *Saturday, August 31. Thanks to *Hannah Yelin *for joining
us for Q & A over live video. Special thanks to *Kiera Obbard* for
supporting the event.

For the 4-day program schedule and location of our 6th-anniversary event,
visit http://cmc-centre.com/conferences/nyc2019/ or e-mail
[log in to unmask] for guest inquiries - limited spaces left
at the conference.

Till then, check out *Celebrity Studies *Call for Papers (special edition)
on *Keanu Reeves* http://cmc-centre.com/celebrity-studies-keanu-reeves/.
Thanks to *Renee Middlemost *for sharing the CFP with us.

Also, join and check out our special moments on Instagram
<http://www.instagram.com/cmcs_media>and YouTube
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fr_eWN2Ueqw>.

Do you have urgent issues or research to share with journalists and
scholars in media and celebrity studies? Drop us a line at
[log in to unmask] or tag us on Twitter - we’ll be happy to support. For
more information on events and Call for Papers, visit our blog and Twitter
@celeb_studies <http://www.twitter.com/celeb_studies>.

We look forward to seeing you in New York City soon!

My best,

*Samita Nandy @famecritic  <http://www.twitter.com/famecritic> *